Slow and steady seems to be the way things are moving on this project.
Slow because there are many changes that keep popping up. Steady, because I remain committed to getting this project underway soon.
The slowdown has nothing to do with any concerns about the eno boards. Just the opposite actually. There have been no concerns or questions about my decision to go with the less familiar, but stellar product from Polyvision. Once I explain the durability and ease of use, there remain no questions.
At this point, the delays center around the decision to switch from the planned ceiling mounted projectors in every room, to a wall mounted solution instead.
In thinking about it, the wall mounted option really does seem a better way to go for a variety of reasons. The short throw lens of a wall mounted projector will reduce the shadow given off by the user standing in front of the board. The mount of wiring for video and audio is also reduced.
If there are concerns about the strength of the drop ceilings or if the ceilings above the tiles is made of plaster, there could be a lot of problems during the installation.
We have settled in on a well-priced, high quality projector from Mitsubishi to compliment the eno board and sound solution in each of our 500+ rooms.
At this point, our planned “Intelligent Classroom” will consist of the following:
- Polyvision 78″ Eno NextGen Whiteboard
- Mitsubishi 500 U – STXGA 200 Lumens Short Throw Projector
- Mitsubishi Short Throw Projector Wall Mount
- The Audio Enhancements SA-16 Kit Sound Solution consisting f an amplifier (with inputs for external sources, wall mount speakers and the ability to include an add-on for a teacher microphone.The typical desktop computer speakers are just not adequate for a classroom of up to 30 students.
- Aten 2 port video splitter and booster
This will improve the signal to the projector from some of our older PC’s and allow for the image to be simultaneously displayed on the computer monitor and the projector. Laptop computers will not need this.
- Assorted audio and video and cables.